I call it the Hammie Bridge Glute Squeeze. It’s a butt burner, for sure! Throw a couple sets of this exercise into your lower body workout and you’ll be feeling it in your buns the next day, guaranteed!
This exercise tones the legs by
- engaging the quads
- working the hamstrings and
- burning the glutes
It’s great for the low back and abs as well but the best thing about this exercise? You can do it on your back. Don’t feel like getting up? Stay down. But don’t use it as an excuse not to work out ;).
HERE’s HOW IT WORKS!
Phase 1: Press up into a hamstring bridge, release and come back down. Repeat ten times. Hold the last bridge in the up position.
Phase 2: While the hips are elevated, glutes tight, abdominals contracted, move your knees in toward each other to touch, then back out to starting position. Do 10 reps. Squeeze your butt and keep your hips lifted the whole time!
There’s More: After you do 10 of each, you’ll do nine of each. Then eight of each. Then seven… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… 1!
Yayy for tight buns of steel!!
NOT SURE YOU HAVE THE FORM RIGHT?
- Assume standard hamstring bridge position
- Feet are hip width distance apart
- Walk your feet in close to your butt
- Head and shoulders stay down, resting on floor
- Press through your heels to lift your hips
- Exhale as you drive your hips up